CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICIES
- Object of the contract and scope
These general conditions (hereinafter “GTC”) apply to any purchase of a stay by a customer, offered in particular via brochures or on the website www.rockup.agency , with the company Rock up sàrl, route de la Télécabine 36, 1997 Haute-Nendaz, as well as for all related legal relations. The general conditions, visible on the site and in the reservation procedure, are considered known and accepted by the customer from the moment of the reservation request by the customer.
The website is managed by:
- Rock up sarl
- Outdoor Experience
- Christiania 1 building
- Cable car route 36
- CH-1997 Haute-Nendaz
- Phone. +41 79 779 50 50
It is specified that Rock up
- is registered in the commercial register of the canton of Valais under number CHE-303.353.554
- holds civil liability insurance taken out with Axa SA Suisse, policy no. 14.780.344.
Rock up sarl is an on-line agency which acts as an intermediary between clients and service providers. Partner companies are committed to the proper execution of their services and Rock up ensures that these will be provided and performed with care, professionalism and as agreed. Our agency cannot be held responsible in the event of an accident, the responsibility falling on the professional of the activity.
- Reservation requests
Any reservation, modification or cancellation request must be communicated by email to email@example.com, and will be processed according to the conditions agreed in the contract.
- Conclusion of the contract
- All online proposals on Rock up are indicative and constitute a solicitation of an offer. Therefore, offers can be changed at any time.
- Upon receipt of the reservation request, Rock up will respond as soon as possible. Once the customer receives the confirmation of the reservation, it will be considered accepted and the contract becomes active from that moment.
- If a payment has been made and Rock up is unable to confirm this reservation, the amount paid will be taken into account for another date to be determined.
- The reservation confirmation will be made by email only and will be accompanied by a confirmation number which must be shown to partners at the time of check-in at the hotel and before the start of the outdoor activity.
- Any confirmation of availability that is not in writing (eg phone, WhatsApp, etc.) is not considered a booking confirmation. Rock up cannot be held responsible for it.
- Customer’s obligations
- The client is responsible for presenting himself in an appropriate manner at the hotel, spa, restaurant and organized activities (clothing / equipment / behavior). Entrance to the hotel, the spa as well as the participation in outdoor activities cannot be guaranteed if the official conditions have not been respected by the client (for example, clothing adapted to the climatic conditions and compulsory equipment for carrying out the activity itself).
- The customer has the obligation to inform himself and to prepare himself accordingly. If access is refused for reasons incumbent on it, reimbursement or reduction of the purchase price will not be possible.
- Any additional services consumed on site and not forming part of the package must be paid for by the customer before the end of his stay.
- The customer is responsible for the departure and arrival route at the place of stay. Rock up assumes no liability (eg damage) due to any delays or other inconveniences.
- The customer is also responsible for the stipulation of his insurance such as repatriation insurance, rescue, third party liability, accidents, sickness, cancellation. Rock up strongly advises its clients to take out insurance in this regard. A partnership is proposed with Axa firstname.lastname@example.org through Intertours travel insurance for Swiss customers, with the following indicative prices (premiums in 2018) :
- Single people:
- Cancellation fees and personal assistance : CHF 130.40
- Cancellation fees : CHF 90.30
- Assistance to people : CHF 54.60
- Cancellation fees and personal assistance : CHF 197.50
- Cancellation fees : CHF 138.60
- Assistance to people : CHF 80.85
- The customer is responsible for any degradation of the property rented or loaned by his fault (room, apartment, chalet, equipment) or entrusted objects (furniture, equipment, material, etc.). A participation or full refund of the value of the object will be requested in the event of damage.
- For the rental of apartments or chalets :
- A deposit may be requested upon arrival of the client, thus covering any damage or additional cleaning to be carried out.
- The tenant must in all cases comply with the house regulations on site.
- Pets are not always tolerated, and it is up to its owner to find out beforehand about the house rules and any additional costs resulting therefrom.
- Single people:
- Payment and cancellation policy for online reservations
For on-line reservations, the customer can choose the option of payment via paypal, via paypal with paypal credit card, or e-banking.
- When paying by credit card or paypal, 100% of the amount of the package is requested at the time of the reservation process.
- In the event of payment by e-banking, 100% of the reservation must be paid within 48 working hours. If payment has not been made on time, Rock up reserves the right to cancel the reservation and charge a handling fee (CHF 100.-).
- If the execution of the payment is not possible within the time limits, the debtor must immediately inform Rock up sarl.
- Each reminder will be increased by CHF 50.-.
For on-line packages, our cancellation conditions are defined by our partners who try to treat each case in the most practical way possible.
- If a cancellation occurs 45 days prior to the date of stay, the amount will be refunded at least 70% less credit card charges, bank charges and ticketing fees. The total amount (100%) may however be charged to another service for CHF 100.- administration fees.
- If the cancellation is made within a period of less than 7 days, this will generally result in the total non-refund of the stay, in the same way as a ” no show “.
- The costs incurred by payment by bank transfer are the sole responsibility of the customer, who must ensure payment of the total amount confirmed by Rock up. Likewise, in the event of a refund due to a cancellation or modification, the customer will be responsible for paying any charges to the bank or other payment systems. Rock up only assumes responsibility in cases that fall under Rock up.
- There will be no refund if the case does not comply with our conditions set out in this pricing policy.
- The specific conditions for groups are detailed in point 9 below.
A reservation modification is possible at any time, as long as it respects the cancellation conditions of the first reservation ; where applicable, an administrative fee of CHF 100.- will be requested for the modification. Depending on the season and the partner, however, the customer may be required to pay additional costs for the package, which will be confirmed at the time of the change.
- Exclusion of liability
- As a payment intermediary, Rock up connects customers and partner companies. As such, Rock up declines all responsibility for the services provided and is not responsible for the services of business partners that are not or only partially performed, unless the offer contains essential elements that are inaccurate at the time of the sale.
- Rock up undertakes that the partner company provides the service in accordance with the offer published on the site rockup.agency .
- The traveler must inform Rock up without delay of any non-conformity observed during the execution of a travel service included in the contract, otherwise no refund or compensation may be offered.
- If it is determined that the customer has not obtained the service in accordance with the contract, Rock up undertakes to reimburse the service not provided, in accordance with the amount provided for this service. However, the customer waives any claim of any kind whatsoever, for direct or indirect damages, as well as claims for moral damages against Rock up.
- Rock up assumes no responsibility for bad weather, closed roads, natural phenomena, theft, connection problems, social or political demonstrations or problems arising therefrom, personal, health or other problems, or any other event beyond the control of the company that may prevent the arrival or access to the packages promoted by Rock up. To avoid any damage, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance.
- Rock up is not responsible for any passenger documents or personal items lost during travel or stay at hospitality facilities or during activities with third party suppliers.
- Gift vouchers
Gift vouchers are non-refundable. They are valid for one year from the date of issue (the date shown on the voucher). An extension of the voucher expiration date may be requested by email.
Gift vouchers relating to a particular package are subject to the validity and availability of this package. In the event of cancellation or non-availability of the latter, within the framework of the validity of the voucher, an equivalent service will be offered.
- Payment and cancellation policy for groups / organization of events / incentives / team building / à la carte stays
Each group reservation is subject to personalized confirmation. The conditions below apply unless they are modified in our booking confirmation, at the request of the customer or service providers. Where applicable, the confirmation is binding.
Payment Terms :
- 50% payment within 10 days of booking
- Balance (50%) no later than 60 days before the stay
Terms of cancelation :
- From the moment of booking and payment : 20% of the amount of the reservation is due.
- From 90 to 45 days before the stay: 50% of the amount of the reservation is due.
- Less than 45 days before the stay: 100% of the amount of the reservation is due.
If the confirmation stipulates a price per person, and a cancellation occurs, the following conditions apply :
- Before payment of a deposit : a re-calculation of the price per person will be carried out again involving a distribution of the fixed costs over the other participants with probably an increase in prices.
- After payment of a deposit : a price increase will be calculated only if the deposit paid is not sufficient to cover the costs.
The customer can choose the payment option via paypal, Mastercard or Visa credit card, or e-banking.
All the prices of your trip include VAT and all other taxes (subject to the change of currency of these taxes), with the exception of the tourist tax payable directly in the establishments where you stay.
All special offers and promotions are marked as such. If they are not mentioned as such, it is impossible to claim a right in the event of errors or obvious mistakes.
No additional discount can be claimed (according to agreement or advertisement) on a stay already in promotion.
- Secure payment
For all transactions taking place online, our system via Paypal will guarantee you one of the highest security standards.
Some transactions are also possible remotely, by phone, via Six Payment.
- Correspondence and subsequent communications
In order to complete the travel reservation successfully, it is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address. We are not responsible for any missing or incorrect email addresses, telephone numbers (landline or mobile) or credit card numbers, and we have no obligation to verify their existence or accuracy.
- “Outdoor” offers with professionals registered in professional associations
Rock up does not have a guides office, nor a ski school, association of alpine and Nordic ski instructors, mountain bike instructors but acts as an intermediary by connecting its clients with registered professionals. in professional registers. We only work with independent qualified professionals or small organizations known to us, using qualified professionals.
The name and contact details of our partners ” Outdoor »Will be communicated to the customer when booking at the latest the day before arrival at the hotel.
- Outdoor activities that cannot be carried out, due to weather or conditions
Our packages offering activities linked to the conditions, the weather, and the physical and mental capacities of people, alternative activities will be offered in the event that it is impossible to comply with the initial program of the package sold. As a result, the amount corresponding to the activity will not be reimbursed, except in rare cases such as an impossible helicopter flight, a flight in a paraglider, a hot air balloon, etc. In this case, the amount corresponding to the flight or activity will be refunded to the customer.
The client is aware of the sometimes sporting, even risky, nature of certain activities offered as part of the stays. He thus undertakes to comply with the advice and instructions given by providers and outdoor professionals.
The customer refrains from any personal initiative in the context of activities likely to endanger his safety, those of other participants, or those of accompanying professionals.
It is up to the supervising professional to decide on any modification of the activity for reasons of safety, weather and mountain conditions, the form of the participants or their technical knowledge. A different route or another massif can then be proposed. In the event of additional costs, these will be communicated to the client, even orally, before the start of the activity, and, if the new program is accepted, must be borne by the client.
Failure to comply with safety instructions such as participation in a stay while not respecting the requirements of equipment, technical and physical levels, will be subject to a modification of the program, or even its cancellation. Rock up can in no way be held responsible.
- Data protection and confidentiality
All data on the Rock up website is treated in accordance with federal data protection law, is protected and may not be copied, modified or retransmitted without the Rock up agreement.
Rock up is authorized to reuse data submitted by customers to inform them of the latest offers published or to be published.
The personal data of the customers are treated in a strictly confidential manner but can be used to ensure the good functioning of the commercial exchanges with the service providers of the chosen and reserved offer.
They will not be passed on to third parties.
Even the cookies and pop-ups used by Rock up to collect additional information are kept confidential and for the exclusive use of Rock up.
- Confidentiality and cookies
Rock up sarl respect your privacy. See our privacy and cookie policies for more information.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or e-mail can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in all e-mails sent by Rock up.
- Modification of the general conditions (GTC) above
Rock up reserves the right to modify these conditions at any time, for example to adapt legal requirements or to take into account functional modifications.
- Saving clause and contradiction
If any of the points of these T & Cs or a contract with a partner is canceled, this cancellation will not affect the rest of the T & Cs or the contract with a particular partner. The nullity provisions must be interpreted or replaced, within the limits of the law, so as to correspond as much as possible to the economic aim sought.
- Applicable law and place of jurisdiction
Each contract is exclusively subject to Swiss law, regardless of whether the assignment may be carried out in whole or in part abroad. Swiss law, in particular the law of the mandate (art. 394 et seq. Of the Code of Obligations), supplements the integral parts mentioned in art. 1.1 of these conditions. The place of jurisdiction is in Nendaz (Switzerland).
- Pre-contractual information
- The language of the Outdoor professional, in the event of a supported activity planned and included in the package, will be that of the country of the service. However, Rock up will endeavor, as far as possible, to find professionals speaking the same language as the client.
- The proposed activities require good physical health ; if this is not the case, the customer must announce this when booking at Rock up so that his stay can be adapted accordingly.
- In any case, it is up to the customer to have a valid permit for his stay proving his identity.
- It is possible to terminate the contract at any time, subject to compliance with the cancellation conditions mentioned in our general conditions.
- All benefits and services other than those mentioned in our holiday offer are not included in the contract.
- The tourist tax is generally not included in our packages, unless it is expressly mentioned.
- Rock up undertakes to provide assistance to the traveler if the latter is in difficulty during the stay, by facilitating:
- Providing useful information on health services, local authorities and consular assistance
- The traveler to make long-distance communications and find other travel services. Fees may be requested in return, not exceeding in any case the actual costs incurred.
- Any stay in the company of a minor unaccompanied by a parent or another authorized person must be notified to Rock up, providing it with the information needed for direct contact with the minor.
- Any transfer to a third party of this travel contract is possible, with a notice of min. 7 days before arrival.
Posted in Haute-Nendaz on 01/30/2020